Athena 7 Minute Lift™
The Greek Isles, known as the home of the Goddess Athena revered for her eternal beauty, has a wealth of beneficial ancient botanicals. The 12 Organic Essential Oils from the Aegean eco-system have been micro-blended and balanced to improve and magnify the efficacy and potency of our unique wrinkle fighting cream. These Organic Greek Botanicals include:
- Organic Jasmine Officinale (jasmine oil) Very expensive and difficult to produce, jasmine oil is known for its deep rich scent, and its ability to help calm and restore the skin. It is often called the "king of essential oils" and has been trusted for centuries for its soothing anti-aging effect on skin.
- Organic Citrus Medica Limonum (lemon peel oil) Lemon peel oil helps bring balance to the cells of the skin. It helps stabilize the skin by counteracting the acidity on its surface. Lemon oil is rich in vitamin which helps calm redness and irritation and freshen dull, dry skin.
- Organic Citrus Aurantium Delcis (orange peel oil) Used in ancient Greece and Rome. Orange peel oil helps soothe, soften and clarify the skin. It helps protect the skin because, just like lemon peel oil, it is a concentrated form of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant.
- Organic Citrus Grandis (grapefruit peel oil) Very high in vitamin C, grapefruit helps protect against free radical damage and has a cleansing effect on the skin. It is also used in anti-cellulite treatments and in massage oils. As with all citrus oils, grapefruit peel oil helps to brighten dull, tired skin.
- Organic rosa Damascena (rose flower oil) Rose is the world's most precious essential oil and is celebrated in legend. According to Greek myth, the red rose sprang from the blood of Adonis and the name rosa means "red" in Greek. It helps soothe sensitive skin.
- Organic Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (sweet almond oil) Almond trees are common around Greece. Sweet almond oil is obtained from dried kernels of the almond tree. This oil is an excellent emollient and helps the skin to balance its loss and absorption of moisture. It is a light, non-greasy, penetrating oil, rich in essential fatty acids and vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E.
- Organic Mentha piperata (peppermint oil) Widely cultivated for its fragrant oil, peppermint has been used for centuries, it dates back to ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome. (It's name is derived from "Mintha", a Greek nymph.) Peppermint refreshes the senses and helps invigorate and replenish tired, stressed skin.
- Organic Sesamum Indicum (sesame seed oil) The use of the healthful properties of sesame seed oil can be traced back almost 5,000 years. It is a natural skin moisturizer and antioxidant, rich in lecithin, Vitamin B complex and Vitamin E, and is easily absorbed into the skin.
- Organic Anthemis Nobilis (chamomile flower oil) Chamomile has been mentioned in medical writings for centuries and was celebrated for its cleansing, which helps to reduce the appearance of puffiness as well to help soften the skin.
- Organic Leontopdium Alpinum (edelweiss extract) Edelweiss is a small, perennial flower found high in Mountain settings where the air is very clean. Edelweiss protective metabolites and a high concentration of flavonoids make it an excellent antioxidant and free-radical scavenger with the ability to help neutralize the oxides involved in aging of the skin.
- Organic Persea Gratissima (avocado oil) Its nourishing emollient properties make it ideal to help relieve dry, dehydrated skin and helps to reduce the appearance of age spots and moisturize the upper layers of the skin.
- Organic Lavandula Angestifolia (lavender oil) Lavender oil is one of the most widely used essential oils and is native to ancient Greece and Rome and still is today. In addition to its calming, relaxing fragrance, it is high in esters. Lavender oil can help soothe irritated skin and protect it from further damage.
- Organic Olea Europaea (olive fruit oil) People in Greece have considered olive oil sacred for thousands of years. In Greek mythology, the goddess Athena is said to have conveyed this wonderful plant to the people. Rich in Vitamins A, D, E and K, plus antioxidants like flavonoids and polyphenols, olive oil is an effective component in neutralizing the free radicals that damage healthy skin and contribute to aging. Olive oil helps the skin to hold moisture without clogging the pores.